Wednesday, January 27, 2010

REPUBLIC INDIAN

Someone in my gtalk list reminded me that today is ‘Republic Day for India’. I think this is really a good topic to start up the blog. Don’t worry, I’m not going to discuss about the historical aspects of this day.

Personally, I feel that the word public itself has some wrong notion. We are all individuals. Each and every person has his own interests and disinterests. Someone may feel giving a buck to a beggar is helping and another may feel it as encouraging laziness. So it is meaningless to say that as a country we have developed a lot or we are far behind the countries like US, Japan and other developed countries. Even countries like US has slums (might be more beautiful than ours) just beside skyscrapers. The only difference is most of them are more self disciplined than our so called INDIANS. We don’t have enough guts to question our government servants. We don’t have enough guts to question ourself.

When I was in Bangalore, I observed most of the bus conductors takes money and does not give ticket. 99% of the times I observed, the passengers never questioned the conductor to give him the ticket. There are two reasons for this situation. The first one is, the conductor will take one or two rupees less than the actual ticket amount. So, the passenger feels like when I’m able to save a couple of bucks why should I bother about the ticket and the other reason is they don’t have enough guts to question the conductor. Ultimately, the RTC is getting loss and they charge very high amount as ticket fares. Even if you get down with in two stops the ticket fare is 5 bucks.

If the first passenger himself questions the bribery of the conductor or that of himself I am sure that the bus fares in Bangalore might not be like this today. Similarly, we can see hell lot of scenarios like this each and everyday where, as an individual we fail to justify our self while doing something. So, it is useless to celebrate a day that we have got our own constitution until we follow the constitution.

Finally, I would like to see a ‘NEW PUBLIC’ day rather than this ‘REPUBLIC DAY’

I was engaged in some get together yesterday. So a day delay in posting ;)

Jai Hindividual

2 comments:

  1. I dont think this fits your blog context. But those are some interesting views. India is being called republic and many are making fun of the constitution. It is a truth. But There will always be advantages and disadvantages with a system or a thing. The cases you said can be counted as disadvantages. Teh advantage is that you are able to atleast live with some peace and atleast to some extent you have freedom just becoz of that constitution. So every system has its own success and failure try to accept that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. partially agreed that it is not to the context of the blog. But, this asks you question yourself while doing something. So, I'm not far away from the context. the other thing is, if each one of us can question our self then there is no need of constitution. But I definitely agree that this is not possible in reality

    ReplyDelete